Thursday, October 30, 2008

What does web 2.0 mean to me???

Well, first off, I read a few of the articles listed and thought they were great. I really enjoyed "Into A New World of Librarianship" by Michael Stephens. Who would think that the library would be a trendspotter/setter? Yet that is what we consistently seem to do @ CML. I love it. For me, I think web 2.0 is a great way to grow with our customers. And more importantly, web 2.0 has provided opportunities for us to connect with our customers.

Soda Jerk had a great post that I want to copy:

"I hope the library continues to progress but also maintain it's status as a destination place for the community."

I agree 100% and think CML is doing a great job of adapting to meet customer needs, yet we also keep in mind that it's the human touch that makes the library more than four walls and a bunch of books. Web 2.0 has provided us another avenue to make that human touch visible to our users.

No comments: